Frequently asked questions
How do I register to join?
- Registering is simple. Click here to go to the registration page.
- You must register first through a web browser – this can be done on a computer or through your favorite browser on your smartphone (Chrome, Safari, etc).
- The two most important things to know when filling out the form are:
- You’ll be asked for a group key.
- The answer is: Healthier901
- Note that it is one word, no space
- Remember your email and password
What is the Group Key?
The Group Key is Healthier901.
How do I download the mobile app?
Once you’ve registered for the app through a web browser (instructions above), you can download the app to your phone.
DIRECT LINKS TO THE APPS
MANUAL SEARCH IN APP STORES
If you choose to search for the app through your favorite app store, search for: MyHealthPlus
Find the icon that looks like this:
LOGGING IN TO THE APP
Once you’ve registered through a web browser, then downloaded the app from your app store – all you have to do is log in to the app using the email address and password you chose during your registration process.
You’re all set with your mobile app!
What is Healthier 901?
Led by Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare and supported with community organizations, the Healthier 901 initiative challenges the Mid-South to lose a million pounds in three years.
Why was Healthier 901 established?
- Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s most recent Community Health Needs Assessment identified heart disease and cancer as the top causes of death in Shelby and DeSoto Counties. In addition, Memphis is the second heaviest city in America. This is our community crying out for help.
- Scientific studies show there is a clear link between obesity and heart disease and cancer.
- By focusing on our overall health, we can help people live healthier lives and make lasting changes for future generations.
Who can participate in the Healthier 901 initiative?
Everyone is welcome to participate! There is power in numbers and we will only be successful if we all work together.
Do I have to meet specific health goals in order to participate?
- You are not tied to any commitment when you join Healthier 901.
- All we ask is that you report your weight periodically in the designated app so we can monitor the community’s progress in reaching our goal.
What resources are available on the app?
- You’ll find numerous, free resources in the app.
- The app allows you to log milestones like steps, distance, calories and amount of time you’ve been active. You’ll also have access to resources like articles about healthy living and more.
- The app comes equipped with your own, personal workout videos. From the comfort of your home you can follow along with pre-recorded workouts. Select low impact workouts, like Pilates, or high-intensity interval training. You can even have fun with your friends and family and challenge each other to friendly fitness competitions.
I don't want anyone to see my personal weight. If you're tracking the community's progress toward losing a million pounds, how do I know my privacy is being protected?
We understand and are extremely respectful of your right to privacy. We are not tracking the specific weight or other biometrics of individuals involved in the Healthier 901 initiative. We are only tracking the community’s overall progress toward reaching our one million pound goal.
How are you tracking the community's progress in reaching the goal of losing a million pounds in three years?
We are providing a free app to everyone who participates in Healthier 901. Through that app, individuals can enter their weight. The app monitors the collective number of pounds being lost by Healthier 901 participants.
Why should I join?
There is power in numbers. We can only meet our goal of losing a million pounds in three years if we all work together. Whether you want to lose 5 pounds or fifty or if you just want to be more mindful about your health, Healthier 901 is for you and open to everyone.